Inspired Media Solutions. Developing feature-rich new-media applications and presentations with brilliant ease-of-use, design and simplicity for
Digital Content Solutions Developer
1994 - present
Develop and maintain corporate, personal, educational and promotional new-media materials, focusing in interactive and dynamic Web-based solutions. All Web and application designs are unique and are built closely with firms to be engaging and effective. Results are feature-rich web presences balancing the need for simplicity and ease-of-use for clients while taking advantage of the latest techniques for attracting -- and keeping -- Web visitors.
Thirteen (WNET New York)
, New York, NY.
November 2000 - present
New Media Specialist
As the Lead Web Developer/New Media Specialist for the major New York television station with a heavy and significant focus on program web
components, my responsibilities include managing, planning and
implementing projects, meeting deadlines and milestones in a timely manner, working with in-house clients to complete numerous
projects with numerous purposes. The position is heavily weighted in frontend, backend and administrative development,
intuitive user interface design and creative programming, mostly in Perl, PHP and
Position also requires expertise in high-profile, interactive media solutions, including CD-ROMs, DVDs and interactive
television (ITV) using the latest industry-standard tools.
- Thirteen/WNET Online Pressroom - Database backed, rankable and searchable
press engine used for posting all Thirteen-related releases, as well as dynamically linking photos, captions, specifications, etc, on an
entry-based system, with an administrative interface that clearly handles these and many other features.
- PBS: African American World - Dual-process search engine (PBS &
NPR), "Scribble" boards with administrative functions including advanced profanity filter, "Top Ten" lists including matching
and grouping administrative engine, polls, quizzes.
- WNET: EdOnline - User
account management system,
Television program search by date span and/or keywords and/or selected categories, in-depth administrative management system.
- PBS: NOW With Bill Moyers - Interactive message
posting board, Interactive polls and quizzes.
- PBS: Frontier House - E-mail this page to a friend,
- PBS: Egg the Arts Show - National "See and Do" database planning,
creation, implementation. "Ask the Egg Lady" message board and polls. Advanced administrative interface including external
updating from partner stations.
- PBS: Africa
- PBS: Media Matters
Columbia University, CTA Program,
New York, NY.
January 2002 - present
Instructor, Elements of Web Development and Introduction to ASP
Responsible for designing the curriculum and teaching the class on elements of web development, spanning from user-interface
, Arlington, VA.
June 1999 - November 2000
Director of User Interface Design / Chief Web Master
As the key resource for all Web-related and interface-design activity, responsibilities included managing the architecture and
development of client
facing dynamic reporting system, meeting all project milestones in a timely manner, managing the Web team, and anticipating the needs of client and company
stakeholders (internal and external customers). Detailed responsibilities include:
- Working directly with the CEO, and Vice Presidents for Product Development, Operations,
Technology, and Business Development
- Designing and maintaining corporate Web site
- Designing and programming Web-based and backend software in PHP, JSP, SQL
- Managing Web team, including internal relationships, project scopes, and timelines
- Coordinating with Vice President of Product Development to improve offering
- Designing and creating online provisioning systems for the company and its partners, including MyPoints, Keynote
- Managing client and partner relationships
- Developing and creating Web-based surveying and reporting engines for clients including Best Buy, ASQ, Drugstore.com,
- Technical writing and graphic design for marketing materials, logos, Web site
Assistant Production Manager
- Managing, provisioning and fielding survey projects for online products
- Streamlining set-up process for flagship Web based product
- Doing custom design and usability analyses of client Web sites, including Getmusic.com, MTV.com, and CDNow.com
- Designing survey invitation pages
- Intense graphic design for client facing products
Awards and Recognition
- Top Gun Award for excellence in sales support
- Top Network Performer Award for first and second quarters, 2000
Advanced Information Technology Services (aITs), College Park, MD
April 1998 - February 1999
- Design Web sites for divisions of the University of Maryland at College Park and the City of College Park.
- Graphic design for marketing products
- Operating Systems: MacOS, Unix (Linux, Solaris, Digital Unix), Windows
- Productivity Applications: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop,
ImageReady, Microsoft Office, BBEdit, DVD Studio Pro, Adobe After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Homesite, Visio, Macromedia Flash, Macromedia Director
ASP, ActionScript, Lingo
- Database experience: Oracle 8, Microsoft Access, MySQL
Available upon request.